Thursday, March 29, 2018

Thursday Dinner



I love a good new (slightly healthy recipe), especially when its for a food that I eat all the time! 
I love to make spaghetti squash, I try to find ways to change it up and try new ways of cooking with it. I found this GREAT recipe for a version of it off Pinterest. 

I edited it to make it my own but find the original recipe HERE.

What you'll need: 

1 spaghetti squash - I got a real big one so I could have leftovers 
6 cloves of garlic -put this through a garlic press. I love my garlic press from Williams and Sonoma. 
1/2 c. water
1 chicken bullion cube -crumble this up a little bit! It helps it dissolve faster
1 1/4c. heavy cream
1 c. mozzarella
1/2 c. provolone
1/2 c. asiago 
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 sprig of fresh thyme
parsley to add extra flavor

What to do:

1. Spaghetti squash is super hard to cut up! But poke a few holes into it and throw it in the microwave in a little water for a few minutes in order to soften it up.

2. Preheat to 400 degrees F. Cut the top and bottom off and then the entire squash in half. Scoop out the insides and place it on a pan, inside facing up. That is the part we will stuff! I sprinkle some of my pepper over it at this point. 

3. In a bowl, mix garlic, cream, chicken cube, water, fresh thyme and parsley. 

4. In another bowl, mix the cheeses together and sprinkle a handful at the bottom of each squash. 

5. Divide the cream mix in half and pour one half into part of the squash and the other half in the last one. 

6. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the squashes. 

7. Throw it in the oven to roast for 40-50 minutes. 

8. Serve immediately! Enjoy

I will someones make some veggies and steam them a little for a side dish! Or I will make some croutons from bread at home to enjoy with the squash.

EM






SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment